Learn Chinese with a multitude of incredible free online language learning TOOLS!
Arch Chinese super multi-featured "Chinese learning system" [ http://www.archchinese.com/ ]
Key features include:
- Animates stroke order for ALL the Chinese characters defined in the national standard character set of mainland China and 7,000 frequently-used characters in the traditional Chinese character set, which is used in Taiwan and Hong Kong
- Generates character writing worksheets with stroke sequences, English definitions and Pinyin in PDF format for offline handwriting practice. With one mouse click, you can generate worksheets for more than 100 characters instantly. The worksheets are highly customizable. It is also great for Chinese language teachers to create teaching materials. Here is a writing worksheet example
- Export character stroke sequences to JPEG or PNG images.
- Powerful and flexible character and phrase search solution. Users can search characters, phrases and example sentences in Chinese-English dictionary and sentence repository by Pinyin, radicals, English word, English phrase, English sentence, English sentence fragments, Chinese characters, Chinese phrases or Chinese sentence fragments. Furthermore, you can mix English, Chinese character or phrase and Pinyin in your search query. Search results are ordered by usage frequency and complexity
- Similar to the YouTube videos, the Character Animation Creator allows you to create embeddable and interactive character animationsquickly. You can integrate the animations into your school or personal web pages.
- Chinese character decomposition explorer allows you to drill down into the character components one layer at a time. It helps you understand what components a character is made up from and how characters are related to each other
- Displays common example phrases and sentences using the character and their English translations
- ArchMemo, an innovative Spaced Repetition System (SRS) to help you learn Chinese characters and phrases efficiently and effectively. You can use the pre-defined flashcards or create your own.
- Features Chinese Radical Table to help users look up a character easily. The table lists all the radicals for the simplified Chinese characters with English being the tool tips. You can click a radical to view the characters with the radical. For some common radicals, such as 扌 and 木, there may be hundreds of characters with the radicals. The system allows you to perform two-level sorting, first level by stroke count, usage frequency or Pinyin (alphabetically), and second level by stroke count.
- Search characters by character components. You can either click the component of a character on the character animator, or enter a component on the search box of Search characters by components page to look up characters with the component. Again, the system allows the user to perform two-level sorting on the search results, first level by usage frequency, character structure or Pinyin(alphabetically), and second level by stroke count.
- With the unique Chinese Phrase Handout Generator, you can quickly make customized Mandarin Chinese phrase or sentence handouts for your classes.
- Animates a character stroke by stroke, one character at a time or continuously animates all the characters you have imported or studied.
- Displays radicals, components, character usage frequency, character structure information, English translations, stroke counts, Pinyin and the corresponding traditional characters (if any)
Chinesetools.eu [ http://www.chinesetools.eu/ ] includes:
Chinese Dictionary of Examples || Chinese Translator || Chinese Text To Speech || Romanization Converter || Chinese Annotated News || Chinese Annotation Tool || Chinese Number Conversion || Chinese Unit Converter || Chinese Stroke Order || Chinese Practice Sheet generator || Hand Writing Recognition || Chinese To Pinyin Converter || BIG5 To GB || GB To BIG5 || Chinese To Unicode for HTML || Unicode HTML To Chinese (for decoding Unicode) || Pinyin To Unicode for HTML || Pinyin Virtual Keyboard (output pinyin with tone marks) || Online IME (Write Chinese using pinyin) || Chinese Family Titles || Make a Chinese Calligraphy || Name in a Chinese Drawing || Chinese Painting Generator
Chinese-tools.com [ http://www.chinese-tools.com/tools ] includes:
Online Dictionaries against multiple languages|| Chengyu Dictionary of 30,000 proverbial idioms || Annotation Tool || online Chinese Input system using pinyin || Mouse Chinese Input system by writing with your mouse || Pinyin Editor for your computer || Write Pinyin with Tone Marks || Chinese text to Pinyin Converter || Traditional to Simplified converter || Simplified to Traditional Converter || Chinese Family Relationship Terms || Create your own Chinese Calligraphy
Mandarintools.com [ http://www.mandarintools.com/ ], over 30 tools, with:
flashcards || annotator || add pinyin || online dictionary || Chinese GIF creator || Chinese encoding converters for computerized characters || number converter || calendar converter || Chinese segmenter
- Chinese Romanization Converter, between 9 phonetic systems including Pinyin (numbers, tone marks), Bopomofo, Yale, Wade-Giles [ http://www.mandarintools.com/pyconverter.html ]
Chinese Savvy Toolbox [ http://app.chinesesavvy.com/services/tools/ ] lots, including:
text-to-speech & pinyin-to-speech generators || Chinese Pinyin Editor writes with tone marks || write Chinese characters by pinyin input || write Chinese characters by mouse handwriting input || Chinese Annotation adds pinyin || Chinese pinyin pronunciation tool || Chinese English translator || Chinese speech generator || Chinese measurement unit converter
Chinese projects @ lost-theory.org [ http://lost-theory.org/chinese/ ]
- [ http://lost-theory.org/ocrat/ ]
- Animated Chinese Characters writing stroke by stroke
[ http://lost-theory.org/ocrat/chargif/ ]
- Convert Chinese text to Image (PNG)... with styles!
[ http://lost-theory.org/ocrat/reaj/ ]
- Chinese Phonetics Table with sound files
[ http://lost-theory.org/chinese/phonetics/ ]
- Type a pinyin string to hear how it sounds, pinyin-to-speech
[ http://lost-theory.org/chinese/phonetics/playstring.html ]
|Chinese projects @ lost-theory.org: stroke animated Chinese characters, convert Chinese text to Image, Chinese phonetics table with sound files|
Yes, please leave your Reviews about the resources here in this topic, or any Comments, directly below: